Followers

Friday, January 21, 2011

Cool Stuff Tres

This video shows how intricate this dance is. I would really love to see how this dance style originated. It is sort of cool because the dancers are in synchrony with the musicians. Enjoy.
Wow. This is a very different set up of an orchestra than what I am used to. This is the information for this video in case you are wanting to listen to more!
chinese music in the Golden Hall of vienna erhu
vienna new year's Concert 1998
Erhu and Orchestra
"Reflections of the Moon on the Water of Erquan"

Composed by Hua Yan Jun
Arranged by Wang Zu Jie
Soloist: Song Fei
China Central Chinese Orchestra
Conductor: Chen Xie Yang
I thought I would take us back to the Sahara. Pretty nice beats I would say. 

4 comments:

Emma Johnson said...

wow, that orchestra set up is really different. I didn't really think about how other orchestras are set up before, so I'm glad that you posted this video! I also do like the last video, I have always thought that percussion sounds cool.

Miranda said...

That first video is amazing! I kept looking to find a decent video of that kind of dancing and failed miserably, so I'm glad I got to see it on your blog. Not only are the dancers amazingly precise and their expressions priceless, but the costuming is beautiful. Great post!

AnnoyYonna said...

Hey Mary, I really like the first video. I always imagine that the people are making the music with their movements and facial expressions which reminds me of this video I found where a guy did just that:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh8YYONrLIc

Kelly McElrath Vaneman said...

Love the Saharan music--makes me want to get up and dance (alas, I must keep grading...) And the Indonesian dance video is much like what we saw in class--always nice to have some confirmation!